Watch Movement Rotor Magnet
Different historical periods have their timer utility. The earliest astronomy timing was taken advantage of the sun or the moon to time, and then fluid is also utilized to time. As a modern invention, quartz watch has many merits, include the simple structure, easy to assemble, strong endurance, shockproof, accurate timepieces, and cheap price. Micro Samarium Cobalt magnet has been used as the watch movement rotor magnet for quartz watch for a long time.
Working Principle of Quartz Watch
Quartz watch uses battery and quartz oscillate as its energy source and time base, respectively. Then take CMOS circuit as core and display time via hands or numbers. French physicist Pierre Curie discovered piezoelectric effect of quartz crystal in 1880, thus laid the foundation for the invention of the quartz watch. For quartz watch, battery applies current to the microchip circuit and then makes quartz crystal vibrate 32768 times per second. Microchip circuit thus detects oscillations and turns it into electric pulses, one per second. Electric pulse drive stepper motor to achieve conversation from electrical energy to mechanical power, then turn gears and gears further sweep hands around the face to keep time.
About Watch Movement Rotor Magnet
Watch movement rotor magnet of quartz watch should be hard to demagnetize and also has superior time stability, therefore, micro Samarium Cobalt magnets have long been considered as the best options.
SmCo Magnet for Watch Movement Rotor (SmCo5 Sm2Co17)
SmCo magnet, permanent magnet, samarium cobalt magnet:
1) SmCo magnet is one of kind of rare earth magnet with a high percentage of samarium, which is relatively stable against temperature change
2) With high energy product and excellent coercive force, this material is ideally compact and suitable to highly efficient machines and components, and widely used in application in which higher operation temperature, higher corrosion and oxidation resistance are crucial
3) Two common compositions of this kind of magnet are Sm and co
4) Rare earth magnet with a high percentage of samarium, which is relatively stable against temperature change
5) With high energy product and excellent coercive force, this material is ideally compact and suitable to highly efficient machines and components
6) Widely used in applications in which higher operation temperature, higher corrosion and oxidation resistance are crucial
7) Two common compositions: SmCo5/ Sm2Co17
8) High energy ranging from 14MGOe to 30MGOe
9) Reliable coercive force
10) With the best temperature characteristics in rare earth material family